Happy New Year to All My Readers!
Hope everyone is having a safe New Year. 2020 has not been easy. But, a few good things happened as well.
- Writing, sketching, and publishing. Thanks to the lack of a commute, I was highly productive most of the year. It allowed me time to write, edit, and even sketch artwork for my novels. In November 2020, I republished my new adult adventure/fantasy novel, Death Island, as a duology with map and coin illustrations. Also, this past summer/fall, I finished my new adult fantasy, Bly (more information to come in March). I also wrote Charissa’s short story, which should come out in April 2021. However, this is the second year in a row that my writing crashed right before NaNoWriMo. I attempted to start Radioactive, but Eugene (my main character) suddenly closed up. I’ve been taking a writing break ever since, hoping he’ll talk more in the New Year. If not, my plan is to move on to Anubis.
- Reading. Another good thing that occurred with the lack of a commute is that I got the opportunity to read more. I read 68 books. Most were manga, especially at the beginning of the year. Then I started reading the young adult novels that have been on my TBR shelf for what seems like forever. You can check out my stats at Goodreads.
- Litten Nikola Update. Hard to believe my little kitten will be two-years-old this February. We’ve gotten to play a whole lot more now that I’m home. But he gave me a serious fright at the beginning of Fall. Shortly after he found a live mouse in my house, he started acting strange. Like suddenly running scared and bursting through a window screen (which was on the first floor, two feet from the ground). I feared he might have hurt himself during his hunt or had caught a disease. Turned out, he suffered an anxiety attack. The vet and I can’t figure out exactly why. The vet had him on meds for a while, and now he’s mainly on calm food and wears a calming collar. He’s doing better, thank goodness. He still loves running around the house with his rattle toy mouse, and cuddling up next to my Anubis plush toy or on my lap on cold, rainy days.
- Continue Education. Though I didn’t continue my Non-Degree, I haven’t given up on learning more statistics and data analysis. I have been working on reading several books and self-teaching myself new applications. It’s just been a little slower to read textbooks than fictional novels, especially since I’ve been doing the actual practices in the books. So you won’t see any stat books in my Goodreads list this year. Also, as part of my research for Radioactive, I have been learning more about Buddhism and Hinduism.
New Goals for 2021:
- Health: I have several goals that will factor into this, this year. But I’m going to hold off mentioning anything, at this time.
- Writing: For the beginning of the year, my main focus will be to start writing Sekhmet’s short story. Then I will move on to either Radioactive or Anubis.
- Publishing: I’m releasing both a short story and a novel this year. Dark Creation (A Dark Reflections Short Story #2) is scheduled to be released in April. And I’m currently looking at August for the release of Bly (more information to come).
- Marketing/Blogging: I’m expanding into a couple new marketing venues, but I’m taking this slowly.
I know these goals seem vague, but I will post more updates as I work through everything, this year.
- Horror Sales Promotion: Love horror stories? In need of a good scare? This team of authors, including myself, have come together to bring you a brilliant selection of new books. Available for a limited time. Click here to view!