I’d like to thank The Obsessive Reader for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers).
Now, like The Obsessive Reader, I’m kind of going to cheat a bit and choose blogs that don’t necessarily have less than 200 followers. I’m choosing a few bloggers I’ve recently met through hops and a few bloggers that follow me to show my appreciation!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1. LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU.
2. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
3. NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
4. NOTIFY THE BLOGGERS OF THEIR AWARD.
5. ASK THE AWARD WINNERS 11 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ONCE THEY ACCEPT THE AWARD.
*Umm… I don’t like making things mandatory, so if you wish to participate, that’s great, but it’s not an obligation.*
11 Facts About Me:
1. Other than books, I collect mini Egyptian glass perfume bottles.
2. I recounted my journals while putting them on a new bookshelf and discovered I have 18 books just waiting to written. That includes my current WIP. I can’t wait to get to each and every one of them!
3. I do watch TV, but I hardly watch cable. If it’s a TV show worth watching, I either rent the season or buy it. But I refuse to watch commercials anymore. I’ve been so spoiled.
4. Ever since I watched The Wind and the Lion as a kid, one of my biggest heroes has been always Teddy Roosevelt.
5. My favorite color is purple, followed closely by turquoise.
6. I have a thing for eyes. I feel that their color and depth says everything about a person and their character.
7. My favorite brain puzzle is Sudoku. There’s just something relaxing about sorting numbers.
8. I hate silver laptops. I don’t know way they bug me, but they do. So much so, I bought my new laptop a skin covering, which I’m totally in love with! It’s a Vera Bradley pattern.
9. I hate seeing any kind of damage to a book: dog ears, bent covers, ink smears, etc… I consider it book abuse. But I also believe there is a difference between ‘damaged’ and being ‘loved.’ Like if a book spine shows lots of wear, yeah it breaks my heart a little, but at least I know it’s loved.
10. My high school German class name was Elfrieda.
11. I’m obsessed with The Alan Parsons Project, especially their album The Eye in the Sky. Hmm… I wonder if that’s in anyway related to the eye thing I mentioned earlier. LOL.
11 Questions From The Obsessive Reader:
1. What is your favorite quote or saying? (And where’s it from/Who said it?)
Ah… I have a new favorite quote each week. But for the past two days, my favorite quote has been, “Everything that kills me makes me feel alive” from Counting Stars, OneRepublic.
2. If you could travel back in time, which year would you travel back to (and why)?
This is a though question. I love visiting all kinds of historic sites, but I think I would love to travel back to Ancient Egypt. I would love to see how they lived everyday life and find out what their culture was like first hand.
3. What was your big dream as a child?
To become a teacher or the next Jeff Corwin.
4. What was your biggest fear as a child?
Dinosaurs. Yeah, I had constant night-terrors about T-rex eating me in my own bed. That and life sucking creature, skeletons with eyes, large spiders and scorpions… oh, the many fears I never revealed to my parents when they turned out the lights.
5. Which book would you really want to experience on the big screen?
Ooo. Other than one of my own novels, I’m torn between Astarte’s Wrath and Of Silver and Beasts. Both by Trisha Wolfe.
6. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
Wolf! I take care of my pack. 🙂
7. Disney Channel or News Channel?
Neither. I don’t watch cable anymore. But if I did, I would be a BBC, History Channel, and Sci Fi fan.
8. Tell us something really weird and random that has stuck to your memory? 🙂
Okay, I saw the weirdest bicycle at my undergraduate campus in Colorado. It had a normal frame, but the seat and handle bars were like five to six feet off the ground vs. the rest of the bicycle. I can’t even picture how that student got around on it.
9. Finish this sentence: My weirdest habit is… straightening bookshelves at the bookstore. Honestly, it kills me to see things like Elixir (Covenant #3.5) in YA Paranormal while Appollyon (Covenant #4) in YA Fantasy/Adventure. They’re the same series for crying out load!
10. What is your favorite book?
Right now, it’s a tie between Of Silver and Beasts by Trisha Wolfe and Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I LOVE both of them!
11. Approximately, how many hours a day do you spend on Facebook/Twitter etc. ?
Less now that I’m working, but about two hours.
11 Questions For My Nominees:
1. What’s your all-time favorite novel?
2. If you could be any YA character, who would it be and why?
3. Are you an early morning person or a night owl?
4. What was the best place you’ve ever visited?
5. Which author are dying to meet in person?
6. What is the funkiest thing you ever done in your entire life?
7. Favorite dessert?
8. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
9. Tell us one unique fact about yourself.
10. Best movie to ever be released?
11. What is the best thing that ever happened to you so far?