Here are the Rules: Go to either page 7 or 77 of your manuscript. Count down seven lines and paste the next seven lines in a post. After that, name seven more authors to come out and play.
I chose A Daughter of Isis, my young-adult, dark fantasy manuscript that is currently out on submission. A sneak peek into Natti’s new life in Setemple, California (p.77):
A Daughter of Isis by Kelsey Ketch
“Oh shit!” Natti rechecked to make sure her eyes hadn’t failed her. “No, bloody way!”
The interior base was raised a good inch from the base of the exterior walls. Natti fingered the lining. In the crease, she felt a tiny piece of fabric sticking out along the edge. Using her nails, she pulled out a maroon colored ribbon which raised a false bottom from the thicker inner walls. Natti stared into the secret compartment. A small, white envelope bearing her name rested under a necklace.
Rushing to her desk, Natti turned on the little lamp and lowered the music volume to a whisper.
I’ve listed seven authors and friends below. I know a few of them are busy, some are even in their editing caves right now *waves*, so as always, there is no obligation for them to create a 777 post. 🙂 But definitely check out their websites and awesome novels/short stories:
- Jennifer Lane, author of Streamline and the Conduct Series
- Liberty Gilmore, author of the Adam and Ava Series
- Lisa Rivero, author of Oscar’s Gift
- Magan Vernon, author of The Only Exception and the My Alien Romance Series
- Rachel Harris, author of the My Super Sweet Sixteen Century Series and Rearview Mirror
- Tara Fuller, author of the Kissed by Death Series and Perigee Moon
- Trisha Wolfe, author of the Kythan Guardians Series and the Fireblood Series