If the above sketch looks familiar, you might have seen the pose in your grocery store. I’m not one to read fashion magazines, but when I saw the model on the cover my jaw dropped. She looked almost exactly how I imagined one of my characters I have developed, Morgan. That’s right, she’s a mermaid. So, naturally, I’ve never thought I would ever see someone who looked like her.
So, for the first time in my entire life, I bought the magazine. As I flipped through it, I saw another model that looked like another character I’ve written about, Elyria. Gorgeous blonde with full rich lips and looks like she is used to the finer things – yeah, that’s Elyria.
Then, to my shocker, I found Meriden! Now I definitely never thought I would see anyone that would even remotely look like her, especially in a fashion magazine. But, I love her “Oh, No You Didn’t!” look about her!
I did alter the looks to match the sketches perfectly to the character. And I have to say these are the BEST sketches I have ever drawn! I’ve sketched scenes and characters of my short stories and novels, but they have always come out more like cartoons. So, I’m keeping the magazine. Who knows, I might also find Sam, Nichole, and even Hawk in there as well.
Now, on to the hop!
Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.