Today’s Meet an Author Monday has a special theme: “Where you write”. The photo to the left is my colonial style – Adams office – desk, one of many places I write. You can see my poor, old laptop, my favorite journal, two of my favorite mugs (one of which is Dilbert saying “This has ‘Long Day’ written all over it.”), my little Zeico Bookmark Dictionary, and my little global and ladybug paperweights.
I got this desk not too long ago. Though adapted to sitting on the floor or couch while typing, I decide it was time to have a nice little desk to work at. And Target was having a sale online.
When I put the desk together, I felt I was placing a bit of my soul went into its wooden frame. We kind of became one (like a carpenter and his masterpiece). I enjoy sitting there, picturing myself back in time. There are times I even bring down a quill and ink to create a feel of 18th century surroundings. And with the desk under a window, I get the opportunity to look outside once and a while from my computer screen.
Now onto the hop! 🙂
Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.