The spring semester has started up again. But, before I head back to class, I wanted to take the time to quickly post an update of what I have completed over the holiday break.
My new manuscript has reached 216 pages out of a goal of 450 pages: 48% completed. With that, I have written 16 chapters during this vacation and made it to 40,185 words.
Not much new, but I did create and posted a book trailer over the break. If you’d like to check it out – click here.
I have read:
- A Pirate’s Night Before Christmas – 5 out of 5 stars
- Wild Evolution – 2 out of 5 stars
- Wildwing – 5 out of 5 stars
- Matched – 4 out of 5 stars
I have started reading:
And I have received:
- An ARC of Demonglass! *Woot!*
Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!
Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.
7 thoughts on “Holiday Break Update”
EXCELLENT progress on your manuscript, Kelsey! Good luck with school and writing.
What a productive break, Kelsey! 😀 I love your systematic approach to finishing your new manuscript.
Wow! Sixteen Chapters?? That’s great! Hope you think so too! Good luck with Spring semester!
I missed your trailer bfore, but just checked it out – it’s beautiful! Definitely intriguing. Hey—thanks for the link to the Pirate’s trailer too. 😉
Also – did you hear the new thing happening w/ the blog hop? The last Monday of each month, we’ll be posting on a unified topic! This month is “Where you write” more info on my post. Please let me know if you have any ideas for future topics. Thanks!
I hadn’t heard. It sounds like a great idea!! Thanks!!
Do we get any hint on what the new manuscript is about? *Whine* I want to know!
Congratulations–you won the Stylish Blogger award! Check out my blog for details.
Comments are closed.