Even a blasted cold virus wouldn’t bring my Holidays to a screeching halt. Since Christmas Eve, I’ve been spending time with my family here in North Carolina and participating in fun family activities.
We spent Christmas morning under the tree where I received the novel Matched by Ally Condie, a sketch book, Ginny Weasley’s wand, a collection of Gringotts coins, and a hour glass necklace. I was jumping for joy!
Since I’m just getting over my cold, my family let me take it easy this year, but I still helped around the house. I built a fire in the fireplace, helped make my mum’s applesauce with cranberries, and helped make/decorate sugar cookies. We also ran our Hogwarts train set, while the cats played in the pile of wrapping paper or slept together on the couch.
Now, this morning, I wake up to about 8 inches of snow – 8 INCHES! A rare event in North Carolina. Last time it snowed on Christmas was 1947 – according to the news. The state is pretty much closed down this Boxing Day. I think I’ll be snuggling on the couch and reading my book.
Hope you have a wonderful Holiday and a great weekend!
Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.
7 thoughts on “Merry Christmas and Happy Boxing Day”
Kelsey, I’m sorry you are sick (may 2011 bring many fewer colds!), but your Christmas sounds delightful nonetheless. Enjoy the snow day. 🙂
Where in North Carolina are you? Middle of the state or the coast? We still have a house just North of Charlotte that we’ve been trying to sell for two years, I think this is the second yr in a row they’ve had a white Christmas. I know it shuts the state down, they just aren’t prepared to handle that much snow. It’s picturesque as long as you have power and don’t have to drive in it, isn’t it.
I hope you’re virus gets better. I bet the kitties had fun with the wrapping paper, almost as good as a ball of yarn!
Thanks! I live in central North Carolina near Raleigh. But, the coastal plains accumulated a few inches as well. I’m enjoying the veiw from my living room. 🙂
I’m sick too!! LOL Still hope you’re holidays aren’t all bad – mine are going ok so far, I secured a promise of cake for my birthday in just 5 days 😀
An early Happy Birthday, Alex! Hope you feel better soon as well! 😀
Even with a cold it sounds like you had a wonderful day 🙂 We got about 12 inches of snow at the house. Wow, what a rare treat!
8 inches? Wow. It’s low 20’s in Ohio but just a little snow. I’ve heard mixed reviews of Matched so I’ll be curious to hear your take on it!
Comments are closed.