This weekend had been a lot of fun! Reading Christmas cards, decorating, writing another chapter of my new manuscript, reading… I even sorted through some old research and sketches I have from my first novel, Death’s Island. This was a great benefit! Not only is everything well orginized, but I found some old research which I could use for my new manuscript. During my break, I headed over to Barnes and Noble to see if I could find any books to add to my to-read list. What I wasn’t expecting to find was a holiday treasure:
A Pirate’s Night Before Christmas
Goodreads Summary: Young mateys will find plenty of holiday joy in this humorous, colorful, and thoroughly piratical version of the beloved Clement C. Moore classic. On this ship of mischievous brigands—who have visions of treasure chests, not sugarplums, dancing in their heads—you wouldn’t expect a visit from nice St. Nick. Instead, here comes Sir Peggedy, with his peg leg and hook arm, cracking his whip and driving eight giant seahorses: Salty, Scurvy, Sinbad, Mollie, Cutthroat, Cross-Eyes, Roger, and Jolly.
So, as I was saying, I was at the bookstore looking at the young adult bookshelves when I overheard a special reading in the children’s section. The man spoke with a pirate accent, but the rhythm of the words was that of the old Night before Christmas classic. I snuck in to find the man who was reading all dress up as a pirate himself, holding a copy of A Pirate’s Night Before Christmas. Even though I only heard the last few pages, I knew I had to buy this book. I think it’s wonderful – full of humor and good fun! I would recommend it to kids from ages 1 to 92.
Well, that was my awesome weekend! How was yours? Find any good books to add to your to-read list? 🙂
Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.