I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend! My holiday was quite fun really. My family started Thanksgiving by making our traditional Chex mix – which became nuclear Chex mix because I accidentally added one tablespoon of the chili powder instead of one teaspoon. Opps! Fortunately, my family loves spicy and it was fabulous! My mom and I made a turkey and stuffing with onions, mushrooms, and celery and added turkey broth and portabella mushroom soup – yum! Also we made yams with candied pecans on top.
While we were in the kitchen, the TV ran the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade, Westminster Dog Show (which everyone agreed that the Pembroke Welch corgi should have won, but all well), and Bewitched. Since it was cold and rainy, I was able to make a fire for us using old hand written revisions of my manuscript as fire starters (well, they had to be shredded anyway). Unfortunately, I burned my hand – not badly, just my knuckle, but boy did that hurt!
Over the holiday I also fished out the exterior decor and put some things up between rain drops. I thinking I may get my Christmas tree this up coming weekend, but we’ll see.
And now, Meet an Author Mondayhosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
READERS: Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many “new to you” authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We’d love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.
6 thoughts on “Thanksgiving Weekend/ Meet an Author Monday”
Nuclear Chex mix! lol The mushroom soup sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing your holiday, and I hope your hand feels better soon.
Hi Kelsey! Glad to hear your Thanksgiving was so nice. The stuffing sounds amazing! And hmm, I wonder if the Chex mix will be getting an extra dose of chili powder every time from now on…
Nuclear chex mix? Ha ha! That’s awesome. Glad you had a fun time with your family. My nephew also burned his hand while cooking french toast so there must have been something going around. Do you put up a real tree? I have a baby fake tree that I’ve used for years.
I do buy a real tree each year from the local Christmas tree farms here in NC 🙂 . I excited to see this year’s crop – it’s suppose to be the best in years, according to the local news!
Found you on the blog hop…nice to meet you! Glad to hear you had a nice (and spicy!) family holiday. Hope the rest of your season is fun and merry!
I feel this buring desire to sit by a fire eating spicy chex mix and burn manuscripts with you… Is this weird? I love reading your blog descriptions,though, they get me REALLY excited for Death’s Island!
Comments are closed.