Click the photo to find other author sites to explore!
Welcome to Meet an Author Monday hosted by Confessions of a California Cheer Mom!
A little about me: Kelsey Ketch is a graduate student living in North Carolina, where she finds a wealth of resources for her writing. Much of her young life was influenced by her father’s love of the sea and nature, inspiring her sense of adventure in both her hobbies and future careers. When he died of cancer, Death Island was her way of escaping the world and coping with the loss. She spent years researching the lifestyles of the eighteen century in England and the colonies, as well as maritime history to create this adventure.
You can find out a little more about me on my Ketch Interview page or follow me on Twitter and Goodreads.
A Little About Death Island – not yet published, but currently repersented byAgent Bree Ogden: Hidden under the cover of fog, unseen by most mortal eyes, an island lies just east of the colonies. Here, Death wields his power and chooses the fate of his victims’ afterlife.
Meriden Cook’s troubles began a hundred years before, when her great grandfather stumbled into the mysterious world. A former naval officer, Cutup Cook was on the run for piracy. Death ensnared him in a deal that entailed the harvesting of human souls in exchange for unimaginable treasure. However, Cutup grew weary of his duties and tries to shirk his commitment. For this act, Death wrecks the Plunderer, and places a curse upon his family’s bloodline – a curse that later caused the mysterious disappearance of Meriden’s father.
Decades pass. The story of Cutup fades into legend until Meriden unearths Cutup’s map. She takes command of her father’s ship, the Orion, and journeys across the sea to solve her family secret. Her good friends – the dashing Doctor George Hobson; the playful cook, Matthew Kettlesworth; the wealthy and attractive Rupert Railing; and the handsome and passionate stowaway, Gregory Wilson, accompany her.
Despite their efforts, the group finds trouble around every corner including a mutinous crew, treacherous storms, and sailors bewitched by greed. Those issues pale in comparison to the cursed forests and hideous monsters they find once on Death’s Island.
You can check out a few excerpts on my Death Island page.
Here’s how Meet an Author Monday works:
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don’t create a post for the hop, your readers won’t have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet “new to you” authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you’d like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
- If you have a WordPress blog, feel free to email me for the code.
One thought on “Meet an Author Monday”
Hi Kelsey. Hopping by. Pirates and curses and family secrets – sounds like a great adventure. Also, I love the pic on your header. Where is that? I want to go there.
Comments are closed.